Bhuvneshwar Kumar Singh, also known as Bhuvi, is India’s frontline seamer in all three formats of the game. Bhuvi plays domestic cricket for Uttar Pradesh, and the Indian Premier League for Sunrisers Hyderabad. The Meerut-born made a lasting impact in his India ODI debut, by dismantling Pakistan’s top-order in Chennai. With his consistency and swing, Bhuvneshwar soon broke into Test and T20 squad. Bhuvneshwar is also a handy batsman lower-down the order, and has three Test fifties to his name.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar ODI Statistics
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar is a right arm seam bowler and a handy lower-order batsman.
- Bhuvi was included in the playing eleven of the first T20I match against Pakistan at Bengaluru on December 25, 2012 and took 3 wickets for 9 runs in 4 overs in the match with an economy rate of 2.25 and thus breaking the record for the best bowling figures on T20I debut.
- He made his ODI debut against Pakistan in the same series on the 30th of December, 2012 picking up 3 wickets at just 3 runs per over. He opened his account in ODIs by taking a wicket in the very first ball that he bowled.
- In his debut Test series, he took 6 wickets in four matches against Australia in the 2013 Border-Gavaskar Trophy. He also had a record partnership of 140 runs with MS Dhoni for the 9th wicket in the first Test of the series. He has the highest score by an Indian number 10 on debut, 38.
- Claiming 6 wickets at an average of 22.83 and an economy rate of 3.91, Bhuvi was included in the ‘team of the tournament’ of the 2013 Champions Trophy.
- On 9 July 2013, he posted career best figures on 4-8 against Sri Lanka in the tri-nation tournament, which India went on to win. He was awarded the man of the series in this tournament after he finished the series as a leading wickettaker.
- Bhuvneshwar’s debut wickets in T20Is, ODIs and Tests have all been bowled. He is the first ever bowler to do so.
- He scored 38 runs off 97 balls on his debut test match which is the highest by an Indian number 10. He surpassed Paras Mhambrey to achieve this feat.
- He faced the most number of balls (97) by a debutant coming at number 10 to bat for India, surpassing Ravi Shastri (54 balls).
- He also stayed at the crease for the most time by a debutant coming at number 10 to bat for India.
- The partnership of 140 runs for the 9th wicket with MS Dhoni during the 1st test of 2013 Australia Tour to India. He went on to create a few records which are as follows:
The highest partnership for the 9th wicket by India against Australia.
This was also the highest partnership for the 9th wicket between India and Australia.
Recent Bhuvneshwar Kumar News
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar records most economical figures in T20 international cricket
- Quietly effective, the Bhuvneshwar way
- IPL 2014 auction highlights: Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik and Kevin Pietersen steal the show on Day 1
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar becomes Man of the Series for Celkon Cup tri series
- Bhuvneshwar lives his dream
- Pacers take parallel tracks to success
- Bhuvneshwar, Rohit carry India to final